**NOTE: The following proposal was created for BullHorn Media as part of my final project for MMC 5006, a graduate school course.
Some Background Information
Orlando-based multimedia production company BullHorn Media is looking for assistance to help generate buzz about their new brand through content, SEO, social media and networking events, to name a few. Below, I have proposed an integrated marketing communications plan that they will be able to utilize to help promote this new brand.
BullHorn Media is a multimedia production company based in Orlando, Fla. It is the brainchild of Mark and Lisa LeGrand of Pro One Video Productions, which has been a leading video production company in Central Florida since 1992. Mark and Lisa had originally been doing both corporate events and weddings through Pro One but branched off and created BullHorn Media last year to specifically tend to its corporate clientele. This new multimedia production company offers its customers the following services: video production, graphic design and photography.
BullHorn Media produces videos for small and large corporate and nonprofit clients. So far, Mark and Lisa have been servicing companies that need profile pieces and web videos and documenting large conventions and seminars that are being held in the Central Florida area. They have worked with such high-profiles clients as Google, Hewlett-Packard, Pepsi and Gatorade. BullHorn Media also offers photography services, such as on-site headshots and product images, and graphic design services, such as branding, Photoshop and motion graphics.
Strengths and Opportunities
- Strengths: BullHorn Media’s biggest asset is the way it treats its clients. While there are many other companies that can produce high-quality videos, Mark and Lisa set themselves apart from the rest by listening to their clients’ desires and treating them in a friendly manner. Unlike some of their competitors, they also do on-site editing at conferences, which their clients really appreciate.
- Orlando welcomed 57 million visitors last year. About half of all visitors to Orlando came from elsewhere in Florida. An additional 7 percent came from other countries, while the rest were from other parts of the U.S.
- In July 2014, Forbes ranked the Greater Orlando area #67 among the best places for business and careers.
- Given that 90 percent of their clients contact them through email, I believe BullHorn Media could benefit from utilizing a service such as MailChimp to send out biweekly email marketing campaigns to its current customers. The email marketing service could also serve as a means to attract new customers and keep an organized list of their customers’ email addresses.
- By signing up for and maintaining additional social media platforms, besides Facebook, BullHorn Media could engage and inform its target audience.
- By attending networking events in their field, BullHorn Media will be able to form lasting relationships with potential clients.
The Importance of an IMC strategy
Having an integrated marketing communications plan using various multimedia channels is the best way to reach your customers. According to a recent Houston Chronicle article, by integrating tools such as advertising, direct mail, social media, telemarketing and sales promotion, you provide clarity, consistency and maximum communications impact. In other words, having a presence on multiple social media platforms and review sites and relying on email marketing and traditional marketing channels allows you to reach and engage with as many customers as possible.
Overall IMC Goals
- Increase traffic to bullhorn-media.com
- Incorporate social media into the brand’s overall IMC strategy
An integrated marketing communications strategy takes advantage of a combination of various communications tools to spread a brand’s message. While each platform serves its own purpose, the main reason for relying on an IMC plan is to have the greatest possible chance of reaching as many customers as possible at once. If implemented, my proposed IMC plan for BullHorn Media will help the company reach their goals of increasing traffic to their website and implementing a social media plan. In the long run, an IMC plan, such as this one, combined with their innate client relations skills, will help BullHorn Media stay ahead of its competitors.